Ocean Surgery Center COVID Guidance
Published on December 1, 2020 by Sherif Khattab
Our surgery center strictly follows and even goes beyond Department of Health issued guidance for ambulatory surgery centers to protect our patients and our staff, including:
- Comply with state and CDC guidelines to protect against further spread of COVID-19.
- Require preoperative COVID-19 RT-PCR test and ensure COVID-19 negative status before a scheduled procedure.
- Institute screening of staff for symptoms and have policies in place for removal of symptomatic employees.
- Enforce social distancing requirements in work and common areas.
- Require masks for patients, except patients receiving services that would not allow for masking.
- Have established plan for cleaning and disinfection prior to using facilities to serve non-COVID patients.
We do not perform procedures on COVID-19 positive patients.