Prepare for Surgery at OSC Torrance
It is our promise to provide the highest professional care and exceed your expectations throughout your experience, providing personalized, comfortable and safe environment before, during and after your procedure.
Lab work, X-Rays and EKGs that may be needed for your surgery must be performed in advance of your procedure so that your surgeon has time
to obtain the results. Your doctor’s office will provide you with instructions.
Preparing for Surgery
Please talk to your surgeon about any daily medications you are currently taking, especially for heart, diabetes, blood pressure problems or weight control. Be sure to mention any over-thecounter drugs such as Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Advil or Motrin as well as any herbal supplements. The anesthesiologists request that you take your blood pressure medications; however, please call your doctor for instructions regarding any other medication.
The Night Before Surgery
- For your safety, you must NOT eat or drink ANYTHING after midnight unless your physician instructs otherwise. This includes chewing gum, candy, prescription medications etc. unless ordered by your surgeon.
- Contact your surgeon immediately if you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment or if there are any changes in your health status like a cough, fever or cold.
The Day of Surgery
- Arrive promptly a 45 Minutes prior to your scheduled procedure to complete registration forms and to have any questions answered by one of our nurses.
- Leave all jewelry and valuables at home. The center is not responsible for lost valuables.
- Please do not wear make-up, nail polish or perfume.
- If you wear eye glasses or reading glasses, please bring them with you. If you wear contact lenses, please bring your solution and storage case or bring your reading glasses instead.
- Please bring a list of medications and doses that you are taking.
- Make sure your family member, friend or driver is available to pick you up at the time instructed.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please notify your surgeon. This greatly helps your surgeon and the office staff at Ocean Surgery Center with their daily scheduling. We appreciate your courtesy.
- Please feel free to call us regarding any questions you may have about Ocean Surgery Center.